Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall Fashion Week is Here...

And I'm noticing that sheer fabrics might be a trend for Spring! The see-through styles create a delicate, feminine look that is light and airy- perfect for Spring. I am particularly appreciative of the new "move" option on Style.com, which lets the viewer see how the clothes move on the model.


Thakoon Panichgul's take on the look emanates a nighttime, boudoir feel. The pale lavender color evokes the freshness associated with Spring, and the large folds create volume and interest.
Marc Jacobs (center) mixed longer dresses in bold colors to communicate a 70s vibe. The flowers in the hair and around the neck were fun and flirty, and reminded me of my mom's "flower child" days.
With cyclists as her inspiration, Betsey Johnson created an exciting collection full of color and whimsy. This particular dress (right), while not colorful, has an 80s tone by incorporating puffy sleeves and horizontal ruffles.

I hope everyone feels as inspired as I do!
xo tea

No comments:

Post a Comment