Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Get lost in Myopic Books

I feel like I've stepped into a fairy tale when I go to Myopic. Or maybe Harry Potter. The tiny aisles between the never ending rows of books definitely resemble what I would imagine Flourish and Blott's would look like.
Situated on N Milwaukee St in Chicago, the bookstore contains what must be tens of thousands of used books, from fiction to travel to architecture. All of the books are used and varying styles. I went to get Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy, and found a hardcover and softcover. I got the softcover, considering it's easier to carry and has such a strong old book smell that I could hardly resist.
It's a great place to go for a bit and get lost; however, I do suggest having some idea of what you want to get, because the selection can be a bit overwhelming, and the shelves are close together that, while charming, it is hard to comfortably browse through the books.
xo tea

No comments:

Post a Comment