Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Patterns Away!

Whether bright and exciting or dark and complex, many designers at London Fashion Week presented patterns, patterns, patterns. Here are my favorites.
  • This Oriental-inspired frock by Mary Katrantzou (left). The shape of the skirt and the koi fish printed on it reminds me of a fishbowl. The colors are bright and bold, but still remind me of fall.
  • The Holly Fulton show was full of mirrored images, but this dress (right) really stuck out to me. I love the light and dark colors. And, the hands shooting what almost looks like water turning into flower blossoms is truly unique.
  • The pixelated patterns at Louise Gray (bottom right) brought a kind of freshness to classic patterns - like the plaid skirt here. Tons of color blocking and those balloon headpieces left me wanting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment